Church Sign

Church Sign

Friday, November 25, 2016

What I Am Thankful For--Part 4

On Monday, I started talking about the top four things I am thankful for. Number four was the great country in which I live. Number three was the friends that God has put in my life throughout my 46 years on this earth. Number two was my family, both church and my wife and kids. Today, I want to share my number one thing that I am thankful for.



#1—Jesus Christ and the Salvation I have through Him

Back in 1984, on January 4th, I gave my life to Christ. Oh, I had prayed a prayer when I was three, but it was just that...a prayer. I had not truly surrendered my life to Jesus. So on that day in 1984, at the W.L.D. Ranch in Fairview, Pennsylvania, I prayed to receive Jesus as my savior, and allowed Him to have control over my life.

A lot of things happened after that. I began to be more serious about time with God. I spent more time in reading my Bible and more time in prayer. I looked forward to church days and youth group where I would learn more about following Jesus. I spent time talking about Jesus with my friends and encouraging them to be more about following Him, too.

But I think the biggest change of all in my life was in the way I lived. I didn't really live for myself anymore, but for the people around me. I began to see them as vital to my life and to the life of church. I began to put their needs ahead of my own and treat them the way I would want to be treated. And all of this was because of that day in January, 1984. 

I'm thankful that Jesus took my life and changed it for the better. I hop that He has done the same with your life. If He hasn't, today could be your January 4th. All you have to do is admit your sin, tell Him that you believe that He is the Son of God and that His death on the cross and the shedding of His blood was enough to pay for your sins, and then receive God's great gift of Salvation! It's up to you, but I know for experience that there isn't a great feeling than knowing that your sins are forgiven, and that your life now has true meaning.

If you want to make that decision today, please let me know by either commenting below, or by commenting on the link you were directed here from (Either Facebook or Google+). It would really be a blessing to me.

Thanks for reading the blog, and we'll see you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment