Church Sign

Church Sign

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hope for Life

Yesterday, we talked about Biblical hope and how it is defined not as wishful thinking, but confident knowledge of guaranteed future events. I want to talk more about this hope because I want you to see that this very hope that we are talking about is hope that lasts.


In the Bible, hope is something that comes only when the Lord is at work. Hope came to Israel when they were in the wilderness when the cloud by day and the fire by night (both physical representations of the presence of the Lord with them) continued to lead them. Hope came to Israel again when their Messiah, Jesus Christ, came. Our hope is found in the fact that the grave is empty…Christ rose from the dead, and because of this, we no longer need to fear the grave, or death, or hell, or Satan, or anything else that seeks to dismay us.

God’s purposes for us include hope…guaranteed future blessings…that will help us to face even the most of uncertain times.

I remember when I had lost my job. The circumstances surrounding it were sketchy, but one of the things that I always knew is that God would honor my decision to do the right thing. And He did. I never lost hope, even when it seemed as if no one would give me a call back or another look. I was struggling at times when God made me wait, but the beautiful thing about it was that the waiting actually helped me to remember my hope.

So what are you dealing with today that is causing you to lose your hope? Remember that God has given you all the hope you need today because of what Jesus did on the cross, and in the power that God used to raise Jesus from the dead!

Think about that today, and God bless you!


Comment below about a time that you found hope in the midst of horrible circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment