Church Sign

Church Sign

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Patience with God

"Why am I going through this? I have served God faithfully for so long, and now this happens to me?"

"I'm serving God; I'm doing what He asks me to do...why am I suffering this way?"

These may be things you've said in one way or another, or perhaps they are things you have heard others say. How do you respond when you hear these questions from others or even from yourself? Do you cringe a bit? Or do you stop and say, "Wait! I believe that God loves me. I believe that God is always looking out for me and has my best interest at heart!"

Thinking this way helps us put our emotions in their proper place. The facts of who we are, what we are and to Whom we belong ought to bolster our faith. It ought to help us to put those negative feelings in the background, and allow the fact of God's love, grace and goodness to be at the forefront of all we do and say. It's a freeing thing to know that God is with us and that He'll never leave us.

So when you feel that God has abandoned you, remember that He has said:

"Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you!"

Remember that this week and you'll be fine.

See you all on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment