Church Sign

Church Sign

Thursday, January 12, 2017

God Loves You


Shortly after my wife and I were married in 1993, we were introduced to a funny little children’s show that was produced by a company called Big Idea. This children’s show was called VeggieTales, and it starred a cucumber and a tomato named Larry and Bob, respectively.

Now I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard of these two, so allow me to introduce them to you in this short video:


If you’re wondering why they sound so weird, it’s because this particular promo was done before the first video ever came out. So, all that being said, I was a fan of VeggieTales from the start.

The reason I bring them up is because of their tagline. It says simply, “God made you special and He loves you very much!”

This is a great truth for kids to learn, but I think it’s also a great truth for us as adults to grab a hold of as well. God’s love for us is huge, and it’s not just because we’re made in His image, it’s because He genuinely loves us for who we are. His love came first and His love is pure and holy and perfect. When we think about how much God loves us, we ought to stand up and shout from the rooftops, “I AM LOVED!”

So think about that today, and as you get ready for Sunday’s worship, remember…

“God made you special, and He loves you very much!”


We’ll see you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment