Church Sign

Church Sign

Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year’s Resolution


I want to start this morning by saying how incredibly humbled I was by the response of our congregation here at Grace EFC yesterday. I had told my congregation that God seemed to be stretching me beyond what I like to do and taking me where I did not necessarily want to go. But when He does this, it is invariably a good thing. And He didn’t disappoint yesterday either.

We were challenged to commit ourselves to DEEPENING OUR FAITH, ENGAGING OUR COMMUNITY, SHARING THE GOSPEL, and WORSHIPING CHRIST. We talked about how that could happen here at Grace, and how we might also see it happening in our individual lives.

But I want to challenge all of us who call ourselves Christians to be more intentional about these things. We cannot make an impact on the Kingdom of God without having faith (Hebrews 11:6). We should not attempt to engage our communities when the Gospel or worship of the Son is not happening.

And so, to that end, will you commit yourselves to being Christ-followers who are about deep faith, community impact, sharing the Gospel and worshiping Christ? If you do commit yourselves to these things this year, 2017 will be your best year ever!


Keep that in mind, and we’ll see you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment