Church Sign

Church Sign

Friday, February 24, 2017

7 Days of Discipleship—Part 7


Here we are, on the final day of our discussion on discipleship. I would love to hear from you, if you have thoughts about what you’ve read these past couple of weeks. Let me know by shooting an email to jim.augustine1970@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you.


Today’s final topic has to do with allowing the Holy Spirit to empower everything we do. Let’s face it, making disciples is not a humanly doable task. It’s a supernatural thing. So we have to rely on the Holy Spirit to have His way in us.

It’s a matter of trust. We do what we can, and then pray like crazy that the Spirit will take what we’ve done and go even further with it. There have been so many times as a preacher that I’ve ended a sermon thinking, “Well, I will just have to do better next time.” And then someone comes up to me saying, “Pastor, that sermon really spoke to me! Thank you!” My friends, THAT’S the Holy Spirit at work. And doesn’t just do that with preachers. He will do that with you, too, if you ask Him to and you let Him.

So take the time to be in prayer about those whom you are discipling, and make sure you do all that you can…but rely on God to do what you cannot!


Think about that today! And God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment