Church Sign

Church Sign

Friday, February 10, 2017

Constant Grace


“Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now I’m found; was blind, but now I see!”

The words of this great hymn are often sung without a second thought. It’s used in everything from worship services to rated “R” movies. We love to sing about God’s grace, but how often are we willing to demonstrate God’s grace.

If grace is so amazing (and it is), why don’t more of us demonstrate it to the people around us? I’m just as guilty of this as anyone, so please don’t think that I’m trying to single anyone out here. I’m simply trying to help us think.

What do most of us (or maybe it’s just me) do when we get cut off on the road? I get angry at the way people are driving. Sometimes I mask it in indignation that this person would put my family in jeopardy, but mostly I get mad because they got in front of me, or just were not thinking of anyone but themselves.

But what if I was to show that person grace…AMAZING grace? Would it be sweet, as the song suggests? I know that this song is about the grace of God to save a person from their sins, but seriously, do we not consider that grace shown to a person who has treated us unfairly might not just do the same thing? Oh please don’t hear me saying that we can save people from their sins, because we can’t. But the grace we show (while not nearly as amazing as God’s) can and will draw people to God and His Son, Jesus.

So try and show some amazing grace to someone today. Who knows? You might just help them be able to sing this old hymn with the same meaning it holds for you!

Think about that today! And God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment